About The Presenter
Dr. Justin Ross holds a BS from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and a PsyD from the University of Denver. Dr. Ross is a licensed clinical psychologist and sought-after sports psychologist specializing in working with endurance athletes. Dr. Ross is an 11-time marathoner, a 6-time Boston Marathon qualifier, and Leadville 100 MTB finisher. Currently, he’s pursuing completion of the World Marathon Majors.
Here’s a sneak-peak into what this course offers and why this information is important.
The mental aspect of human performance is beginning to get more attention… and rightly so. While often viewed as separate areas, the physical and mental sides of performance are intertwined, and both substantially contribute to one’s athletic performance.
Due to the importance of the mental aspect of performance, over a series of 12 modules, this course takes a deep dive into multiple important areas of sports psychology so that you can best advise your athletes on how to increase their performance.
At Your Pace and At Your Service
We don’t believe that it is our business to tell you how, or when to study. Upon registering, you’ll have access to all of the content (no drip-feeding) and with this specialization course there is no deadline for the exam. Throughout your studies, you have us in your corner to ask any questions via email. And… you have lifetime access to all content!
- 12 Online Video-Based Modules
- Time-stamped Key Points for Easy Reference
- An Easy-Reference PDF of Key Points
- Online Final Exam
- Lifetime access to the content
- Email Support
- Frameable Certificate (upon completion)
What You Will Achieve
- Learn Why Sport Psychology is Important
- Identify common Myths about Performance Psychology
- Robust Understanding of Goals and Motivation
- Aspects of Self-Talk and Understand What Limits Performance
- How Focus and Attention are Key
- All About Race Day-Specific Skills
- How Social Media is Involved
- How to Avoid Mental Burnout
- When to Refer Out to a Professional