$899.00 but Your Price is $699.00!
Session Begins 1/3/24 – Registration is open 12/1/23 through 12/31/23 – Space is Limited!
Learn More with This Live, Interactive Learning Opportunity!
What do you get when you combine our comprehensive, online Ultrarunning coach certification course into a weekly-dripped structured format, and add ten LIVE (via Zoom) weekly Q&A sessions with Expert Presenter Jason Koop? You get the UESCA Advantage Ultrarunning Coach Certification!
The Advantage program is perfect for those wanting a structured learning process to effectively stay on track and stay accountable, plus enjoy live (via Zoom) interaction for both course content Q&A and mentoring on a weekly basis.
We’ll keep you on track to complete the certification in 10 weeks (you are able to then take the final exam when you’re ready)!
Plus Bonus Time with Jason – After the ten weeks, you will continue to have email access to Jason Koop to ask questions and receive mentoring support for an additional 30 days.
The Best of Both Worlds
If you love online learning but also love the ability to interact live with an instructor, then the Advantage Ultrarunning Coach Certification is for you! We’ve fused our current online running coach certification content with weekly live Q&A and mentoring sessions with renowned Ultrarunning Coach, Jason Koop.
We appreciate that to be a well-rounded coach, you must be well-educated. As such, we don’t hold anything back with respect to our robust content. We make sure everything is covered so you can effectively coach athletes and grow a robust successful coaching business.
How It Works and What You Get
- Upon registration, you receive immediate access to the first 4 Modules (complete these as homework prior to course launch)
- Beginning on Wednesday, 1/3/24, which is the official launch of the 2024 UESCA Advantage Ultrarunning Coach Certification, you’ll receive your first 2 modules to complete in Week 1 (then each subsequent Wednesday you’ll receive the next set of modules) – See the complete schedule below
- Each week is capped off with a Live Q&A and mentoring session with Expert Presenter, Jason Koop (to discuss that week’s modules) – The live sessions are done via Zoom and there are two session times/days to choose from: 6:00 PM MST every Wednesday, or 9:00 AM MST every Friday (these sessions are identical, please attend just one of these sessions each week as space is limited). All sessions are recorded and the recordings are made available immediately for those who were unable to attend live
- After the course is complete (10 weeks) you’ll receive full, lifetime access to the course content (via the full online certification course) and will take the Final Exam to complete your certification
- You’ll have 1 year to complete the final exam but we recommend taking it while the information is fresh (the exam is open-book)
- Receive 30 additional days via email with Jason for any final questions
- Once the Final Exam is passed, you’re done and have all of the advantages of being a UESCA certified Ultrarunning Coach
About Jason Koop
Due to his well-deserved reputation as one of the top ultrarunning coaches, access to Jason Koop’s knowledge is typically limited to listening to his podcast or reading one of his books. In the Ultra world, he needs no introduction! But just in case . . . He’s a graduate of Texas A & M, and is the Head Coach for CTS – Ultrarunning. He is the author of ‘Training Essentials for Ultrarunning’ which has become the benchmark book for ultramarathon training. During his coaching career, he has managed over 100 endurance coaches and several hundred athletes of all types, abilities and sports. He is also a sought after speaker and presenter for all topics relating to ultramarathon performance. He is coach to many of today’s top ultramarathon athletes including Dylan Bowman, Kaci Lickteig, Timothy Olson, Stephanie Violet, Dakota Jones, Kelly Wolf and many others. An accomplished ultrarunner in his own right, he has finished some of the most difficult races on the planet including the Badwater 135, Hardrock 100, Leadville Trail 100, Wasatch 100, Bear 100 and Western States 100.
The Full Schedule
Q&A Sessions are every Wednesday at 6:00 PM MST and Friday at 9:00 AM MST and are recorded. The two weekly sessions are identical sessions – please plan to attend only one session each week.
Note: You will receive access to the modules listed in each session one week prior to the below listed Live Q&A Session.
Week 1 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 1/10 or Fri 1/12: Brief recap of Homework modules, plus environmental physiology (mod 5), training benchmarks and analysis tools (mod 6)
Week 2 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 1/17 or Fri 1/19: Running Form and Biomechanics (mod 7)
Week 3 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 1/24 or Fri 1/26: Injury and Illness (mod 8)
Week 4 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 1/31 or Fri 2/2: Resistance Training (mod 9), Athlete Intake (mod 10), Goal Setting and Event Selection (mod 11)
Week 5 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 2/7 or Fri 2/9: Training Modalities (mod 12)
Week 6 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 2/14 or Fri 2/16: Training Structure (mod 13)
Week 7 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 2/21 or Fri 2/23: Program Development (mod 14)
Week 8 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 2/28 or Fri 3/1: Pacing (mod 15), Ultrarunning Psychology (mod 16)
Week 9 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 3/6 or Fri 3/8: Nutrition (mod 17), Safety (mod 18)
Week 10 Live Zoom Sessions are Wed 3/13 or Fri 3/15: Shoes-Apparel-Gear (mod 19), Race Preparation and Race Day (mod 20)
- 20 Drip-fed modules
- Weekly live Q&A sessions with Jason Koop
- End of module quizzes
- Lifetime access to the full Online Course (and all future updates) where you’ll access your Practice and Final Exam
- Multimedia content
- Email support
- Frame-able Certified Coach certificate (upon passing)
- Access to our private Facebook Group for Coaches (upon passing)
- Access to our Benefit Partners (upon passing)
- Ability to join our coach affiliate program to earn commissions for referring others (upon passing)
What Will You Achieve?
- How to create effective, progressive and safe training programs
- Understand how the body functions regarding anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics
- Effective communication with athletes
- How environmental factors influence performance
- Understand running recovery modalities
- Establish appropriate goals for athletes
- Nutritional and hydration strategies
- Race selection process
- Putting together a race crew
- How to have your athletes execute on race day
- Understand how coaching an ultrarunner differs from that of a marathon runner