In this All Things Endurance podcast episode, host Rick Prince chats with running coach, Rachel Laymon. Rachel is a registered dietitian, certified personal trainer, UESCA-certified running coach, and the owner of Run Well Be Well, a run coaching company based out of Akron, Ohio.
In this episode, Rachel discusses all of the ins and outs of starting a run coaching business. While not every aspect of starting and running a coaching business is discussed, most are and more specifically, a lot of the issues that new coaches face are discussed in this podcast.
Whether you’re on the fence about starting a coaching business, or you have an existing coaching business that you’re looking to grow, this podcast is sure to be a great resource for you!
Thank you for listening!
- 1:22 – Rachel Laymon’s background
- 2:38 – Why and when did you start your coaching practice?
- 7:47 – Was it scary starting off on your own?
- 8:50 – How many clients do you have?
- 10:01 – What pain points have you experienced with the growth of your business?
- 12:28 – What mistakes would you not repeat again?
- 14:25 – Where are your clients located?
- 16:48 – Do you train with your clients?
- 18:35 – Do you ever experience burnout due to running being both your job and your passion?
- 21:47 – What have been some of your marketing strategies?
- 29:01 – Do you have any retention strategies for your clients and if so, what are they?
- 34:23 – How did you determine your pricing structure?
- 38:31 – Did you ever suffer from imposter syndrome?
- 41:10 – How do you manage your time?
- 47:34 – What advice do you have for new coaches with respect to what athletes to take on?
- 50:46 – What do you consider to be some of the biggest factors of your success as a coach?