Program Lead – Matt Hanson
Dr. Matt Hanson holds an MS in Health and Physical Fitness, and an EdD in Adult and Higher Education. Dr. Hanson is a professional triathlete and triathlon coach. He has an extensive background as an athlete and is highly educated in all things sports-related. As an athlete, Matt comes from a wrestling background, but running has always been a passion of his. In 2014, his first year as a pro, Matt set three run course records and won Ironman Chattanooga. He has since tallied 11 professional wins, including four Ironman North American Championship titles. Matt’s educational background and training record make coaching a natural fit for him. Coaching since 2013, he has helped triathletes reach their goals at all distances.
Just the Facts
Unlike other coaching certifications and resources that only come from one person’s point of view, we strongly feel that no one can be an expert in all areas. Therefore, we sought out the top experts across a wide range of areas to ensure that our content is factual, up-to-date, and second to none.
We appreciate that to be a well-rounded coach, you must be well-educated. As such, we don’t hold anything back with respect to our robust content. We make sure everything is covered so you can effectively coach athletes and grow a robust successful coaching business.
At Your Pace | At Your Service
We don’t believe that it is our business to tell you how, or when to study. Upon registering, you’ll have access to all of the content (no drip-feeding) and you have up to one year to study before taking the exam. Throughout your studies, you have us in your corner to ask any questions via email. And… you have lifetime access to all content!
Start Your Business
Whether you’re looking for a career change or a side-gig; our Triathlon Coach certification will provide you with all of the information needed to feel confident in your knowledge to coach athletes of all levels and abilities… and, we have a robust business and marketing module!
The UESCA Triathlon Coach Certification is a robust and all-encompassing triathlon certification that covers every aspect needed to be a competent triathlon coach. The science and evidence-based content is curated from top experts across multiple disciplines such as human physiology, psychology, biomechanics, nutrition, environmental physiology, strength training, and of course, triathlon coaching.
The goal of this certification is to educate students on how the body functions and how to apply this knowledge to working with triathletes of all ability levels.
While this certification is a collaborative effort between our expert contributors, the primary contributors to this certification are professional triathlete, Angela Naeth, and Dr. Chris Myers. Dr. Myers is the director of sports science and education at UESCA and was formerly the head triathlon coach for Peaks Training Group.
Would you like a closer look?
Download the Detailed Triathlon Coach Course Syllabus.
- 25 Online Modules (this course is 100% online)
- A downloadable (and printable) Full Course PDF
- This course will take approximately 25-30 hours to complete (at your pace)
- Module Practice Quizzes
- Online Practice and Final Exam (two attempts)
- Multimedia content
- Lifetime access to modules, including future updates to content
- Email Support
- Frame-able Coach Certificate (upon passing)
- Access to our private Facebook Group for Coaches (upon passing)
- Access to our Benefit Partners (upon passing)
- Ability to add your coaching business to our coach directory (upon passing)
- Enroll today and get started right away – you have immediate access to all course content
What Will You Achieve?
- How to create training programs
- Learn how to assess sport-specific form
- Understand how the body functions regarding anatomy and physiology
- Effective communication with athletes
- How environmental factors influence performance
- Ability to administer performance assessments
- Understand various recovery modalities
- Establish appropriate goals for athletes
- Ability to create effective and safe training programs
- Nutritional strategies
- How to have your athletes execute on race day